Friday, August 08, 2014

Limori Book Three Post # 8




If I had to write a synopsis of the book today, this would be it.  I don't remember where I took this picture. I have no idea what the building behind it is or if it is even a building. The pitchfork shape of the shadows on the trunk look like a Hallow'en mask. I have no idea who is hiding just behind the tree on the right side ...I think it might be two people arguing or about to fight or kiss?  The dappled shade on the path to the left side seems like the door into another odd wall. If you follow it to the right very carefully, you will see a tiny flec of red that makes me wonder if someone is climbing the fence, scared, sliding over it fast enough to get cut. But more than anything I can see snakes. Shadow snakes, Quiet snakes,  Limb snakes,  Word snakes.....




2 comments:

Peni R. Griffin said...

If it spoils the picture for you to know where it came from, stop now. I'll add some old-fashioned spoiler space..
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e

I believe that's a tree on the grounds of the Alama, with the Long Barracks and the Emily Morgan Hotel in the background. You would have taken it during an ALA conference, possibly the one when I met you in front of the Alamo. So it's not very surprising it would appear fraught and slightly tortured.

But don't let me interrupt your Limoriimmersion. I want to find out how it works out as much as anybody.

kathleen duey said...

Peni.... Yes! It was that day. Remember the Alamo! I love walking around in your city. Hope all is well and that your own work is blooming...